Friday, October 22, 2010

Recording Booth - Entry 3

Day 8

Yesterday was a very rainy day so I decided to forgo the painting and carpeting of the top unit until the weather was a little better. Instead I spent some time revisiting the Ventilation DVD to see what I would need to do in order to get this built.

After re watching the DVD, I was glad that I did because I saw some drawbacks to the plans that I currently have. The main thing that I did not like was that the wires for the fans are actually sticking out of the ventilation box, so after talking to another one of my friends who knows something about electrical work, I think we have a better plan. I won't go into all of the detail right now but will save that entry for a later date when I actually get into building the system.

I will tell you though that in order to build what I want, I had to spend an extra $75 in parts (including the cooling fans). I found a great website (www.coolerguys.com) where I was able to purchase everything that I think I will need. I am by no means endorsing this website but rather giving you one more resource for finding your supplies if you need them. Once I have built the ventilation system, I will also list all the parts and their costs for what I am doing so you can have that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment